We care about your hair loss. We have real solutions for you.
Hair Donation Ottawa April 17 2016 come and join us !
Want to Donate your hair and/ or volunteer?
Hair Donation Ottawa raises funds for cutting edge child and adult cancer research and empowers kids with hair loss by providing them with free wigs.
Hair Donation Ottawa is an annual, non-profit, cancer research fundraiser where people raise pledges for donating their hair and/or shaving their heads & they receive a wash, cut and style or shave. Participating hair stylists from various Ottawa & area salons, as well as teaching staff and students from the Algonquin College Hair Stylist program, volunteer their time for this cause.
Proceeds Go Towards:
- Cutting Edge Adult and Childhood Cancer Research at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and The Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) Research Institute.
- Two annual $500 Bursaries to financially challenged Algonquin College Hair Stylist Program students to help offset their tuition fees and/or text books.
- All suitable hair donations go towards the custom manufacture & fitting & of approx. 10 free wigs a year for financially challenged children in Ottawa & region who are experiencing hair loss for a variety of medical reasons.
- We proudly support Green Circle Salons: All hair unsuitable for the wig-making process is sent off to be made into Hair Booms for oil spills on the world’s beaches, lakes & oceans.
- The manufacture and supply of free a trendy head scarf for every CHEO patient that needs one.
Go to www.hairdonationottawa.com to sign up and participate!